You wake up from a blissful sleep to your mind kick starting in overdrive, reminding you of all the tasks you have to complete within the day but, all that energy just thinking about it, makes you want to turn over and go back to sleep. However, you soon realise the more you put it off, the more it piles up and it sends you into melt down.
Well I’m here to tell you how to have a successful day completing your goals list without going for a nap( I am guilty of this).
- Start the day bright and early- Set an alarm for an hour before your normal wake up time to break out of your usual routine. What helps me is to put a positive song to kick start my day. Currently, my alarm clock song is The Beetles- Here comes the sun. As soon as I hear the intro, it sends me into high vibes and metaphorically I feel the blazing, warm sun ignite within me ( sun in england is pretty much non existent so I feel it within).
- Goals list- Write everything down you want to complete during the day. But, not just an ordinary boring to-do list. Make it fun! Write it in riddles or song lyrics that relate to the task on hand. This way it is less tedious and more exciting!!
- Visualisation- Think about how good it will feel to get all the tasks on your list fully completed. If it helps, think about the pure relaxation you’ll have when you’re finished.
- Work- Now it times to actually do everything on that list without getting lazy or distracted. However if you need to take short intervals between each task to recuperate, that is totally fine. Just make sure your breaks don’t turn into hour long rest.
- Gratitude- Show gratitude to the task you are completing or have completed. You can either say it out loud, in your head or you can even write it down. Showing gratitude puts you in high vibes for appreciation of the day and you can look back with a big smile on your face because it will be so worth it in the end. Why not have a celebratory dance.
”I am so thankful that I have completed everything on my goals list. I am grateful I had the motivation to not give up when I got distracted but to pursue the task on hand x”
Be Bold, Be Strong, Be You x