We’ve all been through the never ending cycle. You know…the one where we get into a habit of comparing ourselves to others while discrediting the achievements we have personally made. Yes! that never ending cycle.
We (I’m including myself in this) naturally do it without realising. Many of the sayings we might have personally said or heard friends say such as, ”I wish I was skinny like her” , ” If I had X amount of money like this person, I would be so happy” or the famous line ” I want to get 1000’s of likes on Instagram like this person”.
Like I said before I am guilty of this but, we should not discredit what we’ve accomplished. Through our own individual journeys, we have experienced so much growth and accomplishments. We need to remember everyone has a story, do not compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 10. Looks can be very deceiving, you can think an achievement can happen overnight but behind the scenes they can be grafting for a long time. We need to start celebrating our achievements even if it’s small. That extra 2minutes of exercise you just did….celebrate it!!
I want to share with you a few tips on how to stop comparing yourself:
- Compare yourself to yourself – The only person you should be comparing yourself to is your past self.
- Trust the process- Everything takes time, just be patient.
- Be happy- Be happy with the growth you are making, you are doing brilliantly
- Trust the universe- The universe has your back
- Daily chants- Try saying this positive chant everyday- ”I am striving to become the person I want to be”
Be Bold, Be Strong, Be you x