Ever had someone who puts you down, controls you, competes with you or makes you feel like your the ‘bully’? If you answer Yes to any of them. You have a toxic individual in your life who needs to be removed.
I’ve had many friends who I simply had to remove out of my life due to them affecting my energy and not supporting my growth. I’ve had people ask me do I miss my old friends and my answer is always NO and I’ll tell you the reason why…Since they’ve been gone a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, I feel truly happy and at peace that I don’t have to dodge them or make any excuses to not see them. I realised that they were affecting my happiness and they needed to go!!
Whether friend, family or significant other, if that person is hindering your growth, they do not deserve to be in your life. Surround yourself with like minded people who genuinely celebrate your growth and achievements, not people who are manipulative or who only celebrates about them and not acknowledge your feelings.
How to spot a toxic person:
- They constantly put you down
- Never honest
- Competes with you in everything ( even if its minor)
- Selfish- It’s always their way or no way
- Everyday drama!
- You dread seeing/talking to them
- Always plays the victim
Once you have spotted who’s toxic around you. Its your decision to learn how to remove that toxic energy from your life
I understand that you can’t remove people out of your life just like that, so I suggest that you talk to them beforehand and explain your concerns and if they don’t change or keep up the consistency, then its up to you whether you want to keep this toxic relationship going or put an end to it.
How to remove toxicity out of your life:
- Put yourself first
- Re-evalaute your relationship with that person
- Delete the person of all social media accounts
- Surround yourself with like minded people
- Understand that this is a blessing and that this relationship is not a reflection of you as a person
- Journaling- Write down your feelings towards that person and then let it go. Some examples are, throwing it away, burn it, hide it or release it in some form
Be Bold, Be Strong, Be you x